Doxorubicin is a Topoisomerase II (Top2) inhibitor with antineoplastic activity.
Combination of Doxorubicin and Simvastatin in the highest tested concentrations (2 μM and 10 μM, respec-tively) kills 97% of the Hela cells.
Mice bearing PC3 xenografts are injected with 2, 4 or 8 mg/kg Doxorubicin and tumor volume is measured over time. A dose of 2 mg/kg does not affect tumor growth while higher dosages delay tumor growth initially (p<0.05 at days 18 and 22), 4 mg/kg or 8 mg/kg Doxorubicin significantly reduces levels of c-FLIP in PC3 xenografts. A single intraperitoneal injection 10 mg/kg (Doxorubicin 1) is administered in rats, 10 daily intraperitoneal injections of 1 mg/kg (Doxorubicin 2), or in 5 weekly intraperitoneal injections of 2 mg/kg (Doxorubicin 3). An 80% mortality rate is observed at day 28 in Doxorubicin 1, whereas Doxorubicin 2 and Doxorubicin 3 reached 80% mortality at days 107 and 98, respectively. Fractional shortening decreased by 30% at week 2 in Doxorubicin DOX1, 55% at week 13 in Doxorubicin 2, and 42% at week 13 in Doxorubicin 3.
Doxorubicin is dissolved in stock solutions (1 mM) and serially diluted with RPMI 1640 media (0.1, 1, and 2 μM). 160 μL of Hela cells suspension (3×104 cell/mL) is dispensed into three 96-well U-bottom microplates and incubated for 24 h at 37°C in a fully humidified atmosphere of 5% CO2. In plate 1, serial dilutions of Doxorubicin (20 μL; final concentration, 0.1-2 μM) and Simvastatin (20 μL; final concentration, 0.25-2 μM) are added to a final volume of 200 μL and incubated for another 72 h. In plates 2 and 3 serial dilutions of each drug (Simvastatin or Doxorubicin, 40 μL) are added. After an incubation period of 24 h, the medium is aspirated and the cells are washed in PBS. Then, serial dilutions of other drug (40 μL) are added and supplemented with culture medium to a final volume of 200 μL, and incubated for 48 h. Doxorubicin and Simvastatin are used individually as positive controls (40 μL in each well), and the .
Powder: -20°C for 3 years
In solvent: -80°C for 2 years
DMSO: 10 mM
( < 1 mg/ml refers to the product slightly soluble or insoluble )
1. Nitiss JL, et al. Targeting DNA topoisomerase II in cancer chemotherapy.Nat Rev Cancer. 2009 May;9(5):338-50.
2. Sadeghi-Aliabadi H, et al. Cytotoxic evaluation of doxorubicin in combination with simvastatin against human cancer cells. Res Pharm Sci. 2010 Jul;5(2):127-33.
3. El-Zawahry A, et al. Doxorubicin increases the effectiveness of Apo2L/TRAIL for tumor growth inhibition of prostate cancerxenografts. BMC Cancer. 2005 Jan 7;5:2.
4. Hayward R, et al. Doxorubicin cardiotoxicity in the rat: an in vivo characterization. J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci. 2007 Jul;46(4):20-32.
5. Liang L, Tu Y, Lu J, et al. Dkk1 exacerbates doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity by inhibiting Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway[J]. J Cell Sci. 2019 May 16;132(10).
For research use only .